Monday, September 19, 2011

Christmas is coming!!!!!

I know it's only September and we haven't even gotten through Halloween yet. But I can't wait for Christmas. It's not the receiving of gifts for me! I love giving gifts, dressing in warm sweaters and pj's, watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation over & over again. The smells and feeling of the holidays. This year I'm decking the halls with everything hand made, from the tree ornaments, banners, tree skirt, and stockings hung by the fire. Well not by the fire because we don't have a fire place, lol, but you get the idea!!! These bird house started out as raw wooden bird houses that you can find in the dollar bins at Michaels or Joanns Arts & Craft stores!They measure about 3 to 5 inches tall and 2 to 3 inches wide, perfect size to hang on your tree. I made these for a swap on Two Peas in a Bucket. The groups I signed up for was Gingerbread group, obviously, and Traditional Christmas colors! Here's the raw bird houses after I got done with them!!! Hope you like!!!




2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous!! So creative and unique. Thanks for the inspiration!
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja, are you ever going to do the giveaway, or was it just to tease us? I really would love to find out who wins, even if it isn't me.

    ReplyDelete